Botox + Dysport
Injectables like dermal fillers and Botox give you a way to look younger without committing to surgery. Botox works best for dynamic wrinkles like crow’s feet and frown lines, while injectable fillers can smooth away the laugh lines that run from your nose to the outer corners of your lips, or diminish marionette lines that pull your smile downward
BOTOX AND DYSPORT
Botox and Dysport relax facial muscles to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Common treatment areas are worry-lines (between the eyebrows), crow’s feet (lines around the eyes), and horizontal lines across your forehead. Our advanced injectors can also inject the lower face to prevent aging effects around the mouth and neck. Botox can also be used to temporarily treat migraines and block the secretion of the different chemicals that activate our sweat glands, therefore stopping sweating in the area it is injected in. Treatment can last up to 14 months but typically lasts 4 to 12 months, depending on severity.
Botox or Dysport Treatment Areas:
Hyperhidrosis (excessive underarm sweating)
TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder)
In order to minimize the risk of possible side effects and complications of injections please follow these simple steps:
- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Schedule your Dermal Filler and Botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the Dermal Filler and Botox injections will take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period. Sculptra does take longer to see results so plan accordingly with your provider.
- Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores please let your provider know, they may put you on an anti-viral medication prior to treatment.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do NOT manipulate the treated area for 3 hours following treatment. Do NOT receive facial/ laser treatments or microdermabrasion after Botox injections for at least 10 days. Ask your provider if you are not sure about the time frame of certain services.
- Some providers believe that smiling and frowning right after Botox treatments helps the Botox find its way to the muscle into which it was injected after treated.
- Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after your Botox treatment. This will prevent the Botox from tracking into the orbit of your eye and causing drooping eyelid.
- It can take approximately 4 to 7 days for results to be seen. If the desired result is not seen after 2 weeks of your treatment you may need additional Botox. You are charged for the amount of product used. Therefore, you will be charged for a product used during any touch-up or subsequent appointments.
- Do NOT perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 6 hours after treatment. This will keep the Botox in the injected area and not elsewhere.
If you have any further questions or concerns please call us at (704) 733-9202
Within days, you may see a marked improvement in the moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows. Lines continue to improve for up to 30 days, and results can last for up to 4 months. Individual results may vary.
Visible results have been shown to last up to 4 months.
Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Prior to injection, your physician may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream. The entire procedure takes approximately 10 minutes. Most patients are in and out of the physician’s office without downtime following BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment. Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.
Although the results are visible, a treatment with Botox will not radically change your facial appearance or make you look as if you’ve “had work done.” The muscle activity that causes frown lines between the brows is temporarily reduced, so you can still frown or look surprised without the wrinkles and creases between your brows.
If you do not continue treatments, the moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows will gradually return to the way they looked before treatment.